the painting that inspired a nursery...



You know how one single item can inspire an entire space?





I found this painting by Sydney Edmunds when I was putting together some design boards for a client who was staging some condos in NYC. It's a repro done on canvas, which is the right price point for a rental. Although the tones worked perfectly with the cherry flooring, the resulting board was not generic enough for staging (despite my attempts to tone down it's brilliance!). We went with another version, which I'll show you in another post, lol...






but I couldn't forget the painting... 
and since D's cousin is about to have her second little pumpkin I have babes on the brain...






Who says kids can't have real art?

That's a bigger thought - that may deserve it's own post, yes?



wallpaper | rug | crib | chair | dresser | garland 1 2 | storage | elephant | pillow | lamp

No comments:

Post a Comment