Sanctuary: A Sleeping Porch

As a child, I slept on the back deck on a cot many a night...
bewitched by the stars and the cool night air.

Now I really prefer a comfy bed, and a few less mosquitos,
so sleeping porches have me entranced.

The happy hippy swinging variety :)

Layering fabrics and textures adds warmth that you can both see and feel.


hanging bed - decks porches patios furniture


wood-porch-hanging-bed


Porch Party!







All the romantic comfort you could want..

[porch+-+bed.jpg]


Love this! Simplicity rules.. and soft landing spot for "bare naked feet", as my Coco calls them..



OOH, soft and pretty.. I'm ready to dive in :)

bed porch


What wonderful dreams you would have here..

metropolitan home

Is a sleeping porch on your wish list?

After putting in a new garden out front this morning,
 I'm fighting the urge to head out to my own porch -
 there's may be no bed but that little rattan loveseat with the pillows and blanket are calling my name...
Instead I'm working on a little art for the new powder room,
 then I can show you the transformation that's been going on in there...

Have a lovely afternoon, all!

til next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment