Better Than a Dozen Roses...


I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for flowers.
  
I love the smell of fresh flowers through the house, especially in the winter.
Right now you can find hyacinths everywhere, they smell SO wonderful, and afterwards I put them in the cold cellar until I can plant them in the garden.  We had heaps and heaps at our old house and the neighbours were always saying how wonderful our street smelled in the spring!



But when Valentines day rolls around, and the florists are charging our guys ridiculous amounts for a little bundle of blooms, I don't like to receive them.

 I prefer when D. comes home with lilies on a tuesday, for no reason, other than he knows it will make me happy :)
I'm lucky to have a sweetie that gets it.



Here is a lovely idea for roses that will be appreciated for a long time.



Felt roses, beautiful.  They have ruffled pillows that are available in other colours, too, for a less literal take on the flower idea.
Oh so pretty. A spritz of rose water and you're all set...

til next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment